The Slippery Slope...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadragon:
Soon after getting your OW qual, you eagerly go out and buy a wet suit, BC and AL 80 with Octo and show up at your local dive spot eager and ready to dive.

"Yeah, that's OK gear, but you really should have a steel tank for extra gas. You know... Safety first."

1st rule of diving: Plan your dive... dive your plan. (Includes rigging...)

2nd rule of diving: Plan your rig... rig your plan. (Which is, of course, closely followed by rule #3)

3rd rule of diving: Look cool.

Rules of consumerism apply... (there's a sucker born every minute)
Rules of dining apply... (appetite is usually larger than stomach)

Always remember that they can make gear faster than you can buy it... and the secondary market for you used stuff ain't that great.

Reseach before ya' buy... askin' some of the G.O.B.s on Scubaboard is a good place to start...

... and, if all else fails, get the spending limit on your credit card raised.

Doubles, eh? Hummmm....

Makes me wonder how I made all my dives with a jacket bc/80al/air2 and lived to tell about it !!!!

LittleBug:
"I suppose next I'll get into yachting, perhaps?"

Didn't you know that the word 'boat' is really an acronym?

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

:rofl3:

So what does SCUBA stand for? Lets keep it clean boys and girls. :popcorn:

ClayJar:
Obviously (as per the smiley), I wasn't serious; however, I do have relatives with boats of several types. (Including a sailboat, an 85' motor yacht, and a Navy surplus supply ship that they and another family are converting into a houseboat -- it has a *helipad* on the back... a small one, but a *helipad*!)

If I get into yachting, it'll be because I went to visit. :D (I'm just a starving freshwater diver, at least most of the time.)

That said, how much is a PSI cylinder inpector course? My tanks are going to start coming up for vis soon. :D

Yeah, I know you were kidding.

But you know what they say, the best boat is a friend's boat. Though I wouldn't give up my boat for anything.

LittleBug:
But you know what they say, the best boat is a friend's boat. Though I wouldn't give up my boat for anything.
So, LittleBug, oh, friend of mine... about that trip... :D

LittleBug:

You know, my wife just suggested that I get a SECOND boat. Not a replacement, but a whole 'nuther boat. She suggested I buy an old pontoon an rig up as a strait dive platform. :confused: She can't be encouraging me like that :no What's this going to do to my credit rating? Where am I going to store my dive boat?

Maybe I could store it at another diver's house in exchange for letting them dive with me. Yeeaahhh.... that's the ticket! Where's Timeliner? I know he has nice big *cough* underground storage area *cough* :D

Comrade Stroke (2 stroke that is: outboard)

ClayJar:
I suppose next I'll get into yachting, perhaps? :wink:

What do they say..

The only thing better than owning a boat is having a mate who owns a boat.

and..

The second best day of owning a boat is the day you buy it.
The best day of owning a boat is the day you sell it.

I find the slippery slope whenever I think about underwater photography. The camera, then the strobe, then dual strobes, then a better camera for the strobes, it never ends! I suppose that's the same for all sports, as you get better you need better equipment. I often find, though, that I'd rather just modify my old equipment and live with the ridicule than go out and buy a thousand dollars worth of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom