The Slippery Slope...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When kids my age are taking out school loans, and im taking out dive loans. i know ive hit the slippery slope. damn you scuba diving.....damn you!!!!!

<Peaking over the crest of the edge of the slope......> :11:

gathering momentum....

AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............:burnout:

<I agree with the thoughts that suggest this would be funny if it didn't hurt so much...>

I have been slipping since I walked into my LDS and said "hey I want to dive sign me up!" Sad thing is, that was only back in January!

Oh the agony!

Carolyn :D (the sucker PT Barnum talked about)

I had a bunch of money saved up (well, a bunch for a student, at any rate). I was always a saver. Then I signed up for a scuba class last year and suddenly my bank account is empty. I kid you not. EMPTY. I can't figure out why. As soon as I get money in it, it goes empty again. My drysuit, BP/W, light, replacement harness, spools, regs, gloves, hoods, training, etc can't cost THAT much, can they?

Oh, but they can...

sambolino44:
Yeah, but, see, once you get all your gear, diving is really cheap because all you have to buy is your gas.
I have all my gear, then got a compressor so now all my diving would be free......

I didn't go through any of the trial and error of new diver gear. I left the dive shop I got certified through because it was too far away, and I met another LDS owner MUCH closer to my house. He led me tricked me into DIR in a way difficult to really explain, mostly because I don't even remember how he did it, but it worked and I couldn't be happier. I got my full setup for less than 2,300 dollars, all new.

ClayJar:
So, LittleBug, oh, friend of mine... about that trip... :D

LOL. If you want to spend a lot of time getting somewhere, then welcome aboard. I own a heavy displacement sail boat. It's slower than weight loss--so it's about the journey, not the destination. :wink:

LIVES4SHARKS:
I have been slipping since I walked into my LDS and said "hey I want to dive sign me up!" Sad thing is, that was only back in January!

Oh the agony!
Oh you poor thing. Here put your head on my shoulder and I will comfort you...

There, there...

There, there...

Better? :D

I think we have all experienced the bank account sucking sound since discovering compressed air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom