The sun is always shining in my little world...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadweeb

Reaction score
In my typical fashion, I have been reading threads on this scuba board for awhile and had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that an entire board was dedicated to the finest (& most twisted) people in the world…TEXANS! I must admit that I’ve spent the past hour and ½ reading the threads, hopping on to the Swamp Divers Website & enjoying the heck out of it. And a compliment to the photos of the individual Swamp Divers – truly one of the MOST motley crews I’ve EVER SEEN! (motley-made up of a variety of components; heterogeneous) Thanks for a fun morning.

I think.....

Yeah we are a rather odd conglomeration of divers but we have fun and to us thats all that matters.

Come join us sometime. We are a whole lot more fun in person.

Tom

Hey guys,

When I think of Texas, the words motley, odd and twisted aren't the ones that come to mind... you should use more accurate terms, like Delusional, Deranged and Demented. :tease:

Whats with a state thats named after Tex's back side anyway??? As our new State Motto reads...

"Flori-Duh... we can't count, but at least were not Texas"

Uh, I'm goin' divin' now that I started this here war!!!

:bounce:

Dweebster......I plan on heading to either Athens or Terrell this weekend if you'd like to join me. (this is also an open invitation to any divers in the area that would like to join me. And if we head to Terrel, there might be a chance for you to check out a Draeger Rebreather)

If you want to go, let me know and we can arrange to link up.

Would love to however, I'm off to Washington DC on Thursday and won't be back for a week! Would LOVE to try a re-breather-have you? Thanks for the invite, be careful and have fun!

Kind of creepy, huh? The plans have changed and the appointment postponed until further notice. You know, I ALMOST changed my flight to leave out Tuesday instead of Thursday so I could goof off for a couple of days and take in the sights of DC. Wow. Very scarey. Thanks for asking. I hope you weren't effected by the tragedy in any way?

My plans changed to (gotta work Saturday), so I won't be going diving this weekend, unless it's a quick dip in The Oasis (might do that since the shallowness allows for a very long bottom time, and it's very close to where I live).

If you do make Athens Scuba Park, ask for Ron Carlo and tell him I sent you. Ron is a super nice instructor who owns the rebreather I mentioned. You can't miss him. He looks like the Monopoly guy with a wetsuit (bald and a huge blonde mustache).

--Michael

Back
Top Bottom