The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the CDC need to quarantine and restrict all travel around Lamont! It's possible those pod people caught it from you!

You can never bee too carefull!

Sorry man, it was too easy! :D

LOL... I enjoyed your sarcastic humor. Thanks! :rofl3:

Oh yeah, it'll mutate. Viruses do. The strains in various parts of the world will be at least somewhat different by the fall wave.
Whatever we had was one mean bug. It was the worst I'd had in many years and my better half had never had a bad case of the flu in her life until then. We wondered if it was some exotic thing we caught on the plane.
Quite possibly. That's one of the joys of jet travel, exposing your to more new bugs, as well as spreading your local ones far and wide faster than ever.

Whatever we had was one mean bug. It was the worst I'd had in many years and my better half had never had a bad case of the flu in her life until then. We wondered if it was some exotic thing we caught on the plane.

Did it involve vomiting and diarrhea? If so, that'd be some kind of viral gastroenteritis rather than influenza. Could have been something like norovirus which is the virus most responsible for "Cruise Ship Disease" outbreaks.

Did it involve vomiting and diarrhea? If so, that'd be some kind of viral gastroenteritis rather than influenza. Could have been something like norovirus which is the virus most responsible for "Cruise Ship Disease" outbreaks.

Nope. Didn't have either of those. Just a really bad case of the classic flu symptoms we've been hearing so much about lately.

What got us thinking about it even more is that Shirley never gets the flu. Seriously!
Whatever it was was not the garden variety because she apparently has a good immunity to the common stuff.....

What got us thinking about it even more is that Shirley never gets the flu. Seriously!
Whatever it was was not the garden variety because she apparently has a good immunity to the common stuff.....

Yeah, same here. I usually just get subclinical fever symptoms that give me less energy than usual, but I can go to work and I don't get any respiratory symptoms at all. Lingers for 2-3 weeks though.

Last time (just about a month ago) I found that blasting the heat in the apartment and working out tended to knock back the symptoms for 24h or so.

I get really bad colds, usually once or twice a year, but those don't involve any fever symptoms (maybe a little achiness right at the apex 24h of the cold, but thats about it).

I used to get some kind of viral gastroenteritis once a year for awhile (twhich was usually bad enough to go to the ER for fluids), but i haven't had that since 2003.

Guys..I fell off my rented scooter and there is a long white object sticking out of my arm.. Is this the swine flu?

Guys..I fell off my rented scooter and there is a long white object sticking out of my arm.. Is this the swine flu?

:shocked2: That is a classic symptom of severe pig pox! You need to get to a hospital right away. An amputation is all that will save you now. Hurry, before it's too late!

guys..i fell off my rented scooter and there is a long white object sticking out of my arm.. Is this the swine flu?

hola my friend sorry we did not have a trip go out on sat, i would have liked diving with you, like we have on past years, hope to see you again soon for your courses, rescue and dm. I am glad you had a good time in coz. In the last few days you are one of the few people that are here now and are went back or are going back home without a problem.

I got your email, let me know in advance to continue your courses.

Best regards

Back
Top Bottom