The term BUDDY should be PARTNER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to make one of my lovely buddies my partner. I've never heard a woman suggest any offense at being called a buddy.

“Comrade” works fine, you don't confuse it with sexual innuendo, it doesn’t sound trite, and since the USSR is gone it no longer has the same political connotation. Then there’s the “Brother this” and “Brother That” formulation shared by special ops folks and religious fanatics ...

drbill:
I hope to make one of my lovely buddies my partner. I've never heard a woman suggest any offense at being called a buddy.

drbill,

Can I have the other lovely buddie??:eyebrow:

Bun on the original Star Trek TV show there was an episode I believe was called The Companion. Anyone remember it? This guy had mental sex with a shimmering cloud creature and later it went into a b****y human woman who was dying but then hooked up with the guy. She ended up being a good companion, but I don´t know if she was a diver or not.

Paco:
Bun on the original Star Trek TV show there was an episode I believe was called The Companion. Anyone remember it?
Hmm... I could say no, but then when I later inadvertantly quote from it, everyone would know it was a lie.

I know, let's just count off. Then we can say, "So, I was diving with Number 4 last week..."

Thalassamania:
“Comrade” works fine, you don't confuse it with sexual innuendo, it doesn’t sound trite, and since the USSR is gone it no longer has the same political connotation. Then there’s the “Brother this” and “Brother That” formulation shared by special ops folks and religious fanatics ...
Comrade diver: has a ring to it......

"Say, Comrade Diver, see those to dive partners over there? They used to be buddies'

I usually call them inattentive, air sucking, no skills havin, christmas tree wearing, no clue, buoyancy challenged, reef killing, fish grabbing, mask wearing idiot.............but insta"buddy" is a lot easier.

Tonka, the name made me think of Tonka trucks, so i checked their website. http://www.hasbro.com/tonka/ BUILT FOR BOYHOOD. Maybe you should change your name to something less male, or become an instructor/diveguide and be at the front leading and dispense with the need for a buddy.
20070126_Tonka_1169844189341888.jpg

ah yes... Tonka makes another fan

:wink:

I can't believe "Special Friend" has not yet been suggested (not that I would do so).

BTW, FishWhisperer, great pic! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom