The truth of U-869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow Divers is pretty good fiction though, given that Robert Kurson's only previous offering was "The Three Stooges Cookbook".

:coffee:

I don't really care which book folks like better - SD or SDE, but it is pretty unfair to characterize Robert Kurson's writing career as limited to "The Three Stooges Cookbook." He was a reporter for the Chicago Sun-Times and then Chicago magazine. He was a contributing editor for Esquire magazine. He has had stories published in Rolling Stone, The New Times Magazine and others. He won a National Magazine Award for a story that appeared in Esquire. Oh yeah, he has a law degree from Havard, too. So perhaps he might be remembered for more than "The Three Stooges Cookbook". By the way, he also wrote "The Official Three Stooges Encylopedia: The Ultimate Knucklehead's Guide to Stoogedom--from Amalgamated Association of Morons to Ziller... " Does the fact that Gary failed to mention this stuff in Shadow Divers Exposed make it a work of fiction? No, it just suggests that since these facts didn't fit the story he was trying to tell he failed to mention them. Seems like that happens a lot:).

:popcorn: You could really put on some weight with all the popcorn eating opportunities these types of threads offer.

Now if you will excuse me I need to get busy:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::10:

I have read both and both were enjoyable, but I have given Shadow Divers to many on my non diving friends to read and they loved. It dosent read as dry as alot of non fiction books and sparked some intrest from friends to give diving a try.

Professional jealousy. And yes. The so-called publisher, Bellerophon bookworks, has published exactly 2 books, both of them by Gentile. When legitimate publishers (the ones who pay YOU for book, rather than you paying them) reject nonsense, people just publish them themselves. Kind of like starting a blog. Only more expensive. :rofl3:

"The Official Three Stooges Encylopedia: The Ultimate Knucklehead's Guide to Stoogedom--from Amalgamated Association of Morons to Ziller... "

This scholarly tome surely deepened Kurson's understanding of diving and underwater research.

I have two bookshelves.

Fiction: Shadow Divers, Knucklehead's Guide, Three Stooges Cookbook.

Non-fiction: Shadow Divers Exposed

Both are pretty darn good. I recommend reading both, and having fun comparing them.

I also enjoyed the audiobook version of Shadow Divers.

call me crazy, or blind, but I didn't seen anything on that website referring to "Return to Hitler's Lost Sub.".

where was it?

OK, you're blind:D
As noted above, scroll down a wee bit and take a gander...

Professional jealousy. And yes. The so-called publisher, Bellerophon bookworks, has published exactly 2 books, both of them by Gentile. When legitimate publishers (the ones who pay YOU for book, rather than you paying them) reject nonsense, people just publish them themselves. Kind of like starting a blog. Only more expensive. :rofl3:

Checked your profile, and was about to post how you looked like John Chatterton! Then I noticed Richie and observed you were the 'filling' of the sandwich.

Loyalty to friends is good.

Doubt if you have read Gentile's Shadow Divers Exposed.

Read and compare...

or not!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom