The truth of U-869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, you're blind:D
As noted above, scroll down a wee bit and take a gander...

I must be blind.. :D I still can't see it.

either that or something on that page is being blocked by my work firewall or spam/virus scanner. Or maybe it's using a later version of Java or php that I've got?

Under Upcoming Productions I see only 4 things.

*No Jail can Hold Me
* Nova Science Now
* Titanic's Doomed Sister.
* Titanics Achilles Heel

You don't see this?

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 214
You don't see this?

reefhound. thanks for the screen shot. Now I know exactly what to look for (and that I'm not going blind afterall :rofl3:)

no I don't see that part. I've just got a big black spot in that area. I see the two smaller boxes above it, but not the big one at the bottom.

I'm betting my work computer might have an out of date java or something.

thanks!

I go with diving legend Gary Gentile, author of 30 books. Shadow Divers Exposed is very good.
Gary Gentile Productions

Shadow Divers is pretty good fiction though, given that Robert Kurson's only previous offering was "The Three Stooges Cookbook".

Amazon.com: The Official Three Stooges Cookbook: Books: Robert Kurson

:coffee:

Gary Gentile is an incredible diver but a mediocre writer. Despite umpteen dives on the Doria, he has never achieved the level of fame that JC and RK have. I think that GC had a large axe to grind and without the dictate of a publisher was able to publish "his" version without review or correction. I've read both; One of my dive buddies was on the last charter when JC made his discovery and his version of the events closely match those as told in the book. Gentiles interviews were apparently more of a witch hunt. Believe what you will.

no I don't see that part. I've just got a big black spot in that area. I see the two smaller boxes above it, but not the big one at the bottom.

I'm betting my work computer might have an out of date java or something.

thanks!

It isn't using Java or Javascript to display it, just plain HTML with CSS styles. What's your browser? Load the page, view page source, and search for Hitler. I can see it with Firefox, IE6, and IE7.

Nova did a special on U-869. They didn't focus on how the divers found the sub, but was more about the crews and how they work. So sad too....:(

Professional jealousy. And yes. The so-called publisher, Bellerophon bookworks, has published exactly 2 books, both of them by Gentile. When legitimate publishers (the ones who pay YOU for book, rather than you paying them) reject nonsense, people just publish them themselves. Kind of like starting a blog. Only more expensive. :rofl3:

BINGO!
Self publishing is a vanity exercise......vanity houses can be quite expensive, they require a finished product, ready for print, provide no editorial support, and the cost depends upon the print run, which can be quite high...

Nova did a special on U-869. They didn't focus on how the divers found the sub, but was more about the crews and how they work. So sad too....:(

I missed it, why was it so sad??.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom