The Truth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What post Al, the one about the buckle straps?

Eric, they are really cool and not expensive. I "think" if I remember correctly that a set of two straps was like $15? They have brass clips at one end to clip to your eyelets on the yak, and a strong buckle at the other. There are many ways to secure your gear on the yak and this was the easiest solution for me.

I got to get to this kayak jeff some day and get some doo dads.-- this sounds like what I want.

He is in my neighborhood (Dania Beach) and in Pompano Beach. He has LOTS of cool doodads. I picked up some cool clip-on bow/stern lights and went on a moonlight paddle last night. I clipped the green and red lights to my life lines on the bow, and the stern light to my PFD (because my torso is higher than the stern...for better visibility).

Hey, for fishing I've seen people take milk crates and those $10 (or so) plastic triple rod holders from Bass Pro and using zip ties make a cool rod and tackle holder, put them in the tank well in back of them.

Hey there are like 70 each milk crates here at the school ( I live at a Elem school) and I have some 1 1/2" PVC left over from my Yak Rack Build... hmm I am going to make a Fishing box.

What post Al, the one about the buckle straps?

Eric, they are really cool and not expensive. I "think" if I remember correctly that a set of two straps was like $15? They have brass clips at one end to clip to your eyelets on the yak, and a strong buckle at the other. There are many ways to secure your gear on the yak and this was the easiest solution for me.

Yup! The post about the buckle straps.

I need to check out my local kayak shop and see if they have the straps.

On the OK website, you can buy straps with buckles that you can permanently mount on your yak. I didn't want permanently mounted straps, but some people might.

I use two straps in the tank well for tank/bc/regulator, and two straps forward of my feet to secure the mesh bag that holds my fins/mask/gloves/etc.

The ones from Kayak Jeff are sold in a two pack. I don't remember what they cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom