The wing picture and stats thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadamune:
I include them here as an addendum to Stephen Ash's prior review of Agir-Brokk's Blackbird 36 single tank wing because Agir-Brokk has since modified its design. The Blackbird 36 now has a toroidal bladder as opposed to the previous 'horseshoe' shaped bladder.

Thanks for the pics. Are the measurements still the same?

What was the cost - rig + shipping

I bought a few additional items not shown in the photos (bolt snaps, etc.), so my total cost would not be an accurate price reference. However, if I subtracted the additional items, I estimate that all the gear in the photos could be shipped to your door for approximately $660. That's not bad considering that Extreme Exposure sells an equivalent Halcyon rig for $655, and that doesn't include shipping. Also, how many people can boast having Swedish steel strapped to their backs? :wink:

Are the measurements still the same?

The dimensions are the same but the lift capacity is slightly higher, no doubt due to the new toroidal shape of the bladder.

Length empty: 26"
Width empty: 20"
Stated lift capacity:36lbs/16kg (the previous 'horse shoe' model was 30lbs/13kg I believe)

I have not dived with it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post a review on this thread. Though I haven't used it yet, my impressions of Agir-Brokk gear is that it is intelligently designed, finely made, and extremely robust, being well suited to the icy fjords of Scandinavia and obviously quite capable in less challenging waters.

Sadamune

Back
Top Bottom