Theme January 2006: Your Favourite 2005 Shot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! These are fabulous!

I know, I know...I still haven't gotten to mine. Now that I have spent two full days trying to recover my computer (the whole thing got toasted including all usb ports!) I can get back into it...so glad there are 31 days in January!

But, I'm not the only one here without my favourite single shot from 2005...c'mon, I promise to post mine so you too!

Wow!
Those are some fantastic pics everyone.
You are truly talented.
Thanks for posting them.
Kirsten

Ishie:
Oh wow!!! I'm really impressed. Aren't Hawaiian monk seals REALLY endangered? Like only a few hundred left?

Ishie-girl, I hear the number 1200 thrown about by some people who probably know.

Can you believe the images these folks are posting? I am really impressed with the level of sophistication out there. Those macro's were beautiful I think I would like it if I was better at it. Gotta tackle those settings. RX mask before Bali...for sure.

But this was the most popular for 2005 (although not shot in 2005)

DSC00221.jpg

That is the best shot I have ever seen of the Corsair!! Nice colors. I like to do it in Black and White. Yours is..haunting. Hope you got "the story".

You must have photoshopped the chain away?

catherine96821:
That is the best shot I have ever seen of the Corsair!! Nice colors. I like to do it in Black and White. Yours is..haunting. Hope you got "the story".

You must have photoshopped the chain away?

I agree with catherine, very ghostly... where was it taken?

sharky60:
I agree with catherine, very ghostly... where was it taken?

I shot this pic in Oahu. I almost hate telling people, but i actually shot it with my first underwater camera, my Sony P7 3.1mp point and shoot! I had a wide angle lens on it, and just adjusted the white balance in ps. i was actually kinda dissapointed with the shot since the sand was blown out, but it just became a very popular picture for some reason.

Wow! January went too fast!

Here is my favourite (at least today, this is extremely hard to choose ONE) shot from 2005. I like the pose of the octopus and the overall feel...

occyrun.jpg

alcina:
Wow! January went too fast!

Here is my favourite (at least today, this is extremely hard to choose ONE) shot from 2005. I like the pose of the octopus and the overall feel...

occyrun.jpg

C'est magnifique!!
Great photo, loving the blues and the octopus in motion.

One question though how did you capture that sunburst/sunball? I tried once with a shutter speed of 1/100s but it came out horribly...

Back
Top Bottom