• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

These boots were made for froggin'...

Discussion in 'Fins, Masks & Snorkels' started by The Chairman, Mar 2, 2021.

1. dogbone

dogbone ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    ahhhh, yeah, I had on some nylon socks like you recommended lol but it seems like those just helped trap the sand against my skin lol

I like your solution @SpecialTest sounds like a real solution to me lol

but yeah, I dont think it would be as much of an issue if I had a wetsuit on, but it was a nice day out and didn't need a wetsuit for the snorkeling I was doing :(

was really hoping for something I could wear like around town for the day...and then if I see a nice beach, hop in, snorkel around, or something for a bit...then dry off while walking around looking at stuff after...kind of thing

will have to give them a try as true dive boots though :)

2. dogbone

dogbone ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    So I made an observation today, while cleaning my boots from this past weekend... The inside is a honeycomb like material... And as we all know, honeycomb is great for trapping things we love, like honey... Unfortunately however, shore diving seems to be full of sand... Which as well also all know, is great at getting trapped in places it doesn't belong... Like honey combs... Long story short, these boots love to hold onto sand, which loves to turn into sand paper against your skin >.<