Things aren't lost in the ocean, they just find new owners.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I had the pleasure, five weeks ago of diving with BlueXTsea. Pedro our dive guide was to say the least, exceptional.
One of the dives was Santa Rosa. At the end of the dive I lost one of my cameras, a DC500 sealife with strobe.
Today, five weeks later, I was talking to Hector, one of Scuba-Du's best dive guides and a good friend, and told him
the story after our dive today at Plancar Bricks. He had found my camera on Santa Rosa, kept it and returned it to me
today. I never expected to see it again. On the same trip, five weeks ago my wetsuit came up missing from the rack
at Dive Paradise, only to wind up in Columbus Ohio with a gal a friend of mine was hanging with. She mailed it to my
LDS and it's now back where it should be. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would see these things again. Amazing.
Mexico has a magic all it's own.:wink:

That is amazing. A few years ago I was diving with a group of Aldora folks. Either before or after a dive one guy talked about having lost a shirt recently while motoring to or from a dive site. On that dive I saw what looked like trash in the coral so I went to remove it. It was actually a T-shirt which I stowed away.

Once on-board the boat the t-shirt was identified as belonging to the guy who had lost it just a day or so before.

Last summer my camera slipped out of my cargo pocket when I was kicking back on a couch in the hotel lobby. I realized it about 30 minutes later when I went to take a picture of all the lionfish we killed for lunch. The crappiest thing was that it was the last day of the trip (left the next morning) and I thought I lost my 12 days of pictures!! Mind you, it was also a brand new camera :(. I was drinking at the hotel bar later on and an employee came up and returned my camera. Another guest found it and turned it in. Luckily the last picture I took was the only picture of nearly 1000 that was a pic of me!

Although another time in Italy, someone swiped my camera right off the table I was sitting at! 2 months of pictures gone forever!

So maybe when I go back in June someone will be waiting to return my daughter's iPod that was stolen from the poolside table?

I had the pleasure, five weeks ago of diving with BlueXTsea. Pedro our dive guide was to say the least, exceptional.
One of the dives was Santa Rosa. At the end of the dive I lost one of my cameras, a DC500 sealife with strobe.
Today, five weeks later, I was talking to Hector, one of Scuba-Du's best dive guides and a good friend, and told him
the story after our dive today at Plancar Bricks. He had found my camera on Santa Rosa, kept it and returned it to me
today. I never expected to see it again. On the same trip, five weeks ago my wetsuit came up missing from the rack
at Dive Paradise, only to wind up in Columbus Ohio with a gal a friend of mine was hanging with. She mailed it to my
LDS and it's now back where it should be. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would see these things again. Amazing.
Mexico has a magic all it's own.:wink:

Starting out your post by mentioning that Pedro is exceptional is to say the least, absolutely right on. Secondly, how wonderful it is that your camera and wetsuit found their way back to you. Thanks for sharing the great news !

Just an idea. I have heard of people who make their first photo be of their own business card, or name and phone number/email address. That way if it gets lost, someone who finds it can get hold of them and return it. In my experience, most people would send it back if they knew where to send it.

My $0.02

Last edited:
Stories like this restore faith in humanity. Great news in so many ways.

I have a business card with info in my camera case. If you can put info on the camera that is another easy to see option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom