Things you won't find in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm always trying different things for my coffee. This week I've been putting a bit of horchata de coco mixed with milk. Try it you may like it next time and then again, maybe you won't.

Attachments

• IMAG2652.jpg
    IMAG2652.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 42
In past visits, we noticed you can't buy half&half in the Mega. Is that just in the Mega, or is half&half not done in MX? What other items are we accustom to in the US that aren't typical in MX or specific to Cozumel?

Personally, I just use heavy cream in my coffee while there, but my wife prefers to bring non-dairy creamer with us (yuck).
My wife is lactose intolerant, and we have gotten some kind of non-dairy creamer at Chedraui the last few trips. Can't recall the name, but it was in one of those rectangular cartons and not refrigerated. I believe we've gotten half and half there before also, but can't swear to it, as I don't mind using regular cream on vacation (so not as imperative as non-dairy is for my wife).

I stopped buying half-and-half years ago, and been using heavy whipping cream, and that is available in Cozumel.

I also take my own coffee mate diet powdered Creamer with me on trips on trips

.... What other items are we accustom to in the US that aren't typical in MX or specific to Cozumel?
Drinkable tap water, any sort of infrastructure, not getting shot by the cartel while having lunch....Hahaa! I'm KIDDING, folks! It's a joke. Let's not get into the "Mexico debate".... LOL! Happy diving....and may your coffee be delicious and half & half free!

Drinkable tap water, any sort of infrastructure, not getting shot by the cartel while having lunch....Hahaa! I'm KIDDING, folks! It's a joke. Let's not get into the "Mexico debate".... LOL! Happy diving....and may your coffee be delicious and half & half free!

Water from the tap is drinakable in certain places in Cozumel.

You laugh about the getting shot, but in June last year a guy on a bike had his tire explode and we all almost hit the deck thinking bullets were flying. I can't tell you how funny it was to see him do a full flip in the air and the charlie brown THUD sound he made when he landed.

what might be the strangest thing sold at the grocery? The bacon is sold by weight. That being said I do not recall ever seeing turkey bacon at Mega.

Drinkable tap water, any sort of infrastructure,
Some rentals have reverse osmosis filters that allow for drinkable water, just don't try to get a whole lot of it at once. As for infrastructure, I've never seen asphalt or bridges at my local Home Depot or Walmart.

I don't think it's true any more, but years ago it seemed that one could not find bourbon anywhere on the island. My dad loved his bourbon and would always bring his own supply when we went to Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom