Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning at Mad Beach, FL in 3'-6' of water I found one thin silver chain bracelet, one plain silver ring, $0.11 change, one large fake gold hoop earing, three hair pins and a few pieces of crab trap wire. No pull tabs or bottle caps yay! But the water was nice and the sun was shining so it was worth the cost of air and parking.

Thethin chain bracelet turned out to be magnetic garbage. I just don't understand why manufacturers would bother to make something like that out of trash metal. It probably weighs about half a gram if that much. If it was real there would be about $0.25 worth of silver in it. Why bother to fake it?

We have found about 40 anchors this summer diving the party coves on Table Rock Lake.
Many sunglasses, a couple of boat ladders, & 1 GoPro camera.

Attachments

• 20150927_093351.jpg
    20150927_093351.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 128
  • 20160726_072336.jpg
    20160726_072336.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 140
So I posted earlier on in this thread about some of the unique things we have found over the years. And we tend to do a lot of treasure hunting 3 to 4 nights a week in our local lake. Well last week we actually made the news again for one of our finds.

image.jpg
Found 6 anchors, 3 go pros, and a ROV wrapped around a mooring line in the idle of the lake not a bad weekend.

We didn't salvage it, but my dive buddy found a marble urn with someone's ashes inside at the eastern end of Lake Crescent last Saturday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom