Thinking of heading out to a DUI Demo Tour? Read this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyIGH

Dive professional
Reaction score
This is Rick Kruzel, Great Lakes Tech Diving. He posted in 'recent post by others'. Just had to share...

I went out to DUI Demo Days at Gilboa yesterday. I admit I don't really like crowds and usually avoid these type of events like the ...plague. BUT, kudos to the DUI and Gilboa staff for organizing a really nice event. While there were quite a few people, it ran smoothly and never seemed over-crowded. And, if you're a certified Drysuit Diver, you don't have to do a guided dive, you can check out a suit and go do your own dive. For me, this was great because we were able to get away from the crowd and do a nice long dive. I would recommend this event to everyone. It's a great opportunity to try any suit you want. Plus, how often do you get to sit and chat with the folks that actually make the suits? I found that opportunity alone invaluable. Faith, in particular, was very helpful in finding the proper size for me. Unfortunately, they weren't giving away any free samples!

Rick Kruzel
Great Lakes Tech Diving

377286_10151153909057287_128233999_n.jpg

And...

Had a great time at Demo Days this weekend at Gilboa Quarry. Faith and the team did a great job. Even with the large number of people attending, I got great service and personal attention. Here's a pic of me in a FLX Extreme. Loved it! This WILL be my next drysuit.

I went to one a few years ago it was very well organized and well worth the time.

+ 1&2 for DUI Demo Days at Gilboa!

My wife and I drove down and attended the event on Saturday. It was extremely well run. Everything was very well organized by both the Gilboa and DUI staffs. There were lots of people there but we experienced very little waiting through the check-in processes at both the quarry and the DUI booth.

We went down specifically to give my wife a chance to try out a 30/30 tropical drysuit that we were considering for our tropical trips. She gets cold in 82 F water and in any water after 3-5 dives per day. She had never had any experience with a dry suit before. The staff took alot of time with her discussing options, picking out what she would try out in the water and showing her the proper way to get into the suit. In the water she had a little trouble getting acclimated with the suit on her first try but with patient work with one of the instructors she did fine on a second dive. Boy was she sold on being warm and dry!

The staff, especially Faith, was very helpful after her dive with getting her measured up and sorting out the options for her new suit order. It was extremely valuable for my wife talking to Faith and the other women staff members about their experience with the suit and undergarment selection in many of the places we have already dove and some of the trips we have coming up. All in all it was a great experience and lots of fun too! I highly recomend it for anyone considering an investment in a drysuit.

Jim

jimthediver and electrix thank you so much for your posts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom