Thinking of pulling the trigger on an Oceanic GEO 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little anal about scratching watch faces so I bought a Zagg protector off of EveryBody's fAvorYte auction site under the listing
"Zagg watch/screen/lens/crystal/glass/cover/protector/anti scratch protection 2"
for $2.50 a pair. You want 36mm. Put it on under running water, center and squeeze out the excess water.
Works great.

I didn't bother with the screen protector. Mine is still going fine after 83 dives.

So, the first dive with the Geo 2 went well. Since the screen layout and options are quite similar to the AL i300, it was very easy to pickup what readings were where. Having the additional buttons actually makes it easier to navigate, especially the ability to scroll back. As @stuartv has pointed out many times, the dual algorithms make it a perfect match with the i300 acting as backup while giving me the room to move into other computers down the road.

Side note: I kept reading recommendations to buy the online class, so I did. Really don't think I needed to. The tutorial on the Oceanic website really was good enough. Now, is that because of my familiarity with a different Pelagic computer? I don't know.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom