Third stage valve assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cofford

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been working on restoring an old Rix 3K3B, and I need to replace the copper gaskets in the third stage valve assembly. I'm fairly sure the head was replaced with a non-Rix head some time ago, which explains why the helpful people at Rix couldn't identify it.

Can anyone identify this valve assembly?

Attachments

• 3rdstage_1.JPG
    3rdstage_1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 3rdstage_2.JPG
    3rdstage_2.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 64
There having too much of a good time and a laugh over at Rix. Much too laid back if you ask me. I blame it all on that Californian sun and all those bikini girls on the beach.

How the heck can you call them helpful when they don't give you the answer you want.

Mind you if you had got through to the dark depths of the engineering department and asked the over worked under paid engineering wizards especially the British overseas mil spec guys they would have told you it's an Ingersoll Rand 3rd stage valve assembly from a model 20H40NG.

Mind you they don't let them talk much to the public, especially divers. Too afraid they speak there mind about you lot and upset you all.

As they say "Have a nice day" your links are below.

However if its just a copper washer seal you can get them anywhere

LOL Iain Middlebrook (Rix Europe)

Ingersoll-Rand Compressor Parts

Product Index

Mind you I think I should add it could have been worse with a compressor some 40 years old.

It could have been a part from one of them poxy Coltri pumps.

Then again, no chance,

Darn thing never would have worked. Would have been seized solid. :wink:LOL

Back
Top Bottom