This brave little guy ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gray Triggerfish (Balistes capriscus) the younger ones often show this barring with that dark spot on the back/top. I can also see the blue dots all over it.

Had never seen one until this summer when I started shore diving LBTS. They can be very curious, but I hadn't noticed any aggression.
IMG_6001ac | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kevin
Savannah

I suspect we need a forum called "When fish go bad"

Here is the fierce and terrible Damsel attacking an innocent diver.. thankfully the diver survived...

barry01.JPG

Wow! I see the GTrigger replies and I was way off guessing a totally different category .... Stegastes genus ... more along the lines of a young Beaugregory that messed up his tail in his last fight.
ps - where is LBTS?

LBTS = Lauderdale by the sea in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I love how they tell us not to hassle the wild life, but no one told the wild life not to hassle us!

When I first started diving, my grandmother (being a typical Cuban abuela) was very concerned for my safety so she would say "aren't you afraid of all the creatures down there" I told her: "Don't worry, I've studied and know all the creatures." And she said: "Yes, but they don't know you."

I've not seen anyone route the second stage air hose under the mask strap like I see in the pic. It seems like it would dislodge the mask when he turns his head or moves the regulator.

I've not seen anyone route the second stage air hose under the mask strap like I see in the pic. It seems like it would dislodge the mask when he turns his head or moves the regulator.

It's not tucked under the mask strap. That's just the extra strap. You can see the strap behind the second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom