This guy is a total idiot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. A total idiot. Got married when he could be happy being single.

Quit his job as a pig farmer?? That's not a bad idea.

Work for the environmental agency? Got to clean up the manure contamination from his hog farm, I guess.

Bruciebabe:
The videos of the idiot catching the juvenile shark by hand, parading it up the beach and showing off his wounds.

Oh, that video. Us poor folks in the US just have slow internet access and can't browse through all the videos.

Steve Irwin made a living getting bitten by possums, snakes, iguanas, crocs, and teasing stingrays. Made him famous and eventually dead.

Bruciebabe:
The videos of the idiot catching the juvenile shark by hand, parading it up the beach and showing off his wounds.

I didn't saw that, yes thats strange, very strange. But as I see he let the shark free again, so a very mild form of idiot, all that shark fin eaters are more idiot (even it looks more normal).
And if the shark eats his finger, it is his not my finger.....harmless idiot....

In 1993, I was fishing off a charter party boat off Oregon. The crew must have killed at least 50 small sharks and an equal number of mackerels that day. They unhook them, and whacked their head against the boat several times, before throwing them back in the water. I thought that it was a waste of resource. We kept only the seabass, and lingccods. The untintentional catch are killed and thrown overboard.

Eventhough some on scubaboard frown on handling any type of interaction with sealife, what this man does is no worse than what is done daily on charter shark fishing boats, even if it is catch and release - these boats man handled the shark more than what this one person did.

To be honest, I might try to catch a shark by hand too, if I knew I could get away unharmed. Steve Irwin wrestled with one while it was hooked, but it was about 6 ft long, and that is idiotic.

Sharks, like other fish and elephant, are for eating, since they might just eat you if they get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom