This guy needs some vintage DIY tank ID help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There ought to be a forum for all of the "how much is it worth" posters. Put it on eBay and find out, that is what it is worth because to me it is worth zero. Yawn. N

NEMROD
I agree 110 percent - but some how we get sucked into the fray. Occasionally the information is common knowledge, other times requires research using fragile 40=50 year old documents..for what? Certainly not $$$..

No more says the Raven or is it Never More says the Raven?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted earlier;

They are early US Divers Broxton Avenue cylinders..issued in early to mid 1950s/ Probably 70s not 72 cuft

Should possibly have "RENE" stamped on the units.

The pig tail section was very common joining unit.

Often one valve/Cylinder had a different wheel installed...When one cylinder was consumed, the diver would reach over his shoulder and turn on the other cylinder- equalize then turn off.. both units then had 1/4 of the original air. The second time the diver turned on the air it was generally time to surface and head for home..

SDM
The welding gas decal was possibly where the cyinders were last filled. In the 1950s and into the1960s the only source of breathing air in the hinterlands (New York etc) was welding suppliers, hospitals and fire stations...

sdm

Don't start quoting E.A. Poe, scubaboard is scary enough as it is, quoth the raven.

N

Back
Top Bottom