this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought this was kinda funny.

Someone selling Oriskany divemaster services for $250/day, not including trip/charter costs.

http://www.oriskanydivemaster.com/

claims to be a "Divemaster Extraordinaire " according to his site.

jeez..... seeing how the thing hasn't even been sunk 3 weeks yet, how can anyone be an expert on it yet?

For $250 a day, he can clean my house and give me a pedicure after we're done diving.

let me tell you some of the divers on the spiegal grove should of had a DM, the price is high but after some of the accidents it might of been money well spent.

I agree that a Divemaster is needed on some wrecks or advanced dives for less experienced divers, but $250/day is kinda high. Note this $250/day doesn't include you providing the boat either, or paying his way on a charter boat.

Some of the Key Largo charter boats include a DM for this dive and are only priced a few bucks higher than other boats that might now include a DM.

While saying that... I also understand that most Divemasters are underpaid, seeing how most work for about free or free air fills or minimum wage or maybe $50/day or trip, or work in the retail shop of a scuba store also.

I think it's kind of enterprising. $250 isn't much for a days work doing anything and for those who want a guide for a private party it seems like it might work. I've paid that much just to get my wife and I on a dive boat for a day.

I spoke with a friend the other day and she stated that she was going to be a DM on a dive boat out Pensacola. Im thinking most of the charters are going to have a DM on board for liability reasons. And most of the cahrters are charging $150.00 for a two tank dive with a DM on board. $ 150.00 sounds better than $250.00. No offense its always good to pay for someone with expience, but how much expience can you have on a ship thats been sunk for 3 weeks...............

jwhitlock:
I spoke with a friend the other day and she stated that she was going to be a DM on a dive boat out Pensacola. Im thinking most of the charters are going to have a DM on board for liability reasons. And most of the cahrters are charging $150.00 for a two tank dive with a DM on board. $ 150.00 sounds better than $250.00. No offense its always good to pay for someone with expience, but how much expience can you have on a ship thats been sunk for 3 weeks...............

I don't think it's a valid comparison. From what I saw on the website, he's familiar with lots of dive sites and will plan your whole diving day, on your boat. Some people may have their own boat and not want to be with charter boat full of strangers but this is an oportunity for them to have a private guide to the diving (as well as other things) in the area.

When you pay $125 or $150 to get on a charter, your sharing it with umpteen other people and may not even get to dive where you please. You certainly don't get to get in and out of the water on your own schedule. I always hated that..."we'll let you know 15 minutes before we hit the dive site so you can be ready" stuff.

You're paying to have his knowledge of the area all to yourself for the day and the diving tailored to your specific needs and preferences.

To me it sounds like a wothwhile service for those who don't want the hastle of charter boat diving.

Hey, Mike.

Thanks for checking out the site.

I do offer personal Divemaster services for $250 a day, but would happy to offer you and any other members of the scubaboard a discount on my services if you require them.

I actually do get my asking price, plus gratuities. So far everyone's been happy with the services I provide and several have already signed up for their next trip. To date,no one's moaned about the amount either.

Although I don't offer pedicures or house cleaning, I can certainly make sure you have a very safe, comfortable diving experience. And if you sign up for my full day charter, I'll even spear you a few fish, anchor off a deserted beach and prepare a gourmet meal for you and your friends while you sit beside a driftwood fire talking about what a great time you had on the Oriskany. I promise, however to leave my guitar at home.

Regarding the Divemaster Extraordinaire, I won't take it seriously if you don't. I'm just a regular guy making some really great dives.

Again, thanks for the press. And I hope to see you on the boat soon.

All the best,

Eric Kline
Divemaster Extraordinaire
Oriskany Divemaster

www.oriskanydivemaster.com

And yes,

I invited Eric to come see the thread about him! :D Welcome to the LARGEST forum/website/community on the Net devoted to diving!

Hey welcome aboard and good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom