This is it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People and their emotions are more complex than your simplistic statement. Tell my grandparents that Johnny Carson or Elvis Presley are not worthy of your love or hate.

I should have said ...too powerful for me.:wink:

I greatly enjoyed both Johnny Carson and Elvis Presley but I would not say that love or hate entered into the equation for me, more like I was entertained by both.

Yeah I know. You live in a country where everyone SAYS "innocent until proven guilty" and even AFTER someone is found to be not guilty you still continue to believe in the guilt.

God Bless America!

R..

well that is true often.

However, after found not guilty, just means they don't have enough to convict "without a reasonable doubt" for the crime.

doesn't mean he didn't commit the crime.

Also, often here, people are tried 'in the media' before they ever go before a trial. :shakehead: (The media here has a tendency to blow things out of proportion regardless of what it is.)

. . . it gives you a unique look behind the scenes at a man whose world, who's presence, who's charisma, who's significance was in more way than one, literally larger than life.

It also gives you a look into the last phase of his life. Was he fragile, weakened by all the accusations of child abuse? Or was he a master performer? Was he an addict or an inspiration? Was he what we abhor or what we love about human nature? Was he our hope for the future or was he the end of an era?

R..

A fitting summary to a man, who like all geniuses, was tortured by demons most of us will never know/understand. I regret the ugliness that surrounded his later years, but still recognize the tremendous magnitude of his gift.

I remember Michael Jackson as the entertainer I watched grow from a child star, to an adult superpower.. then into a freak.

As an entertainer he was a force, as a human being he was a freak. I blame the parents! :D

He was definitely a major talent and the way he could move was surreal but I've never understood why people worship entertainers. He was more talented than most but I still don't understand it. My wife loved him and is dying to see the film but, thankfully, is letting me off the hook and going to see it with our daughter.

Yeah I know. You live in a country where everyone SAYS "innocent until proven guilty" and even AFTER someone is found to be not guilty you still continue to believe in the guilt.

God Bless America!

R..

You are quoting a rule (and a good one in my opinion) that governs our judicial system. Just because a defendent is found "not guilty", it doesn't mean he is innocent. In civil suits, where a settlement is reached (and sealed so the public never knows who admitted what and who got paid off), it gets even murkier. However, the public is still allowed to form their own opinion independent of the court.

In my opinion, Jackson was a pedophile and OJ Simpson was guilty of murder. Both escaped legal punishment by clever use of the judical system. And thankfully, because of our Constitution, I am allowed to voice my opinion.

And I really do thank God that I live in a society that prizes individual freedom. I've lived in Europe. It has it's good points, but I still prefer the States, even with it's imperfections.

Art

I rarely go to see films however, if the timing is right, I will see this one. I remember some very good times with his music at centerstage. I feel he gave way more than he got and I also feel I owe him a lil.

In my mind that man carried a heck of a lot of burdens. And so many think money and fame make for a happy person...:no:

Back
Top Bottom