This is just a test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worked just great; I wish I knew how you did that.
Did you get this figured out yet? If not, let me know and I can point you to some freebie software that will both resize the pics and reduce the dpi...additionally, you can rename the photos as needed and save them in a different folder on the computer.

BTW...if you are shooting with a cannon (guessing b/c I've got a 50/50 shot since you said you're shooting with an 800$ body...it's either cannon or nikkon), this can be done with the Digital Photo Pro disc that came with your camera.

Hey Big T;

I'm shooting a Nikon D 80. If I didn't throw that disc out, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the headsup.

Did you get this figured out yet? If not, let me know and I can point you to some freebie software that will both resize the pics and reduce the dpi...additionally, you can rename the photos as needed and save them in a different folder on the computer.

BTW...if you are shooting with a cannon (guessing b/c I've got a 50/50 shot since you said you're shooting with an 800$ body...it's either cannon or nikkon), this can be done with the Digital Photo Pro disc that came with your camera.

Have you guys ever heard of IrfanView ?

Hey Big T;

I'm shooting a Nikon D 80. If I didn't throw that disc out, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the headsup.
DPP is canon's version of the software, I'm sure Nikon has something equivalent...I bought a Canon 30D but we can save that debate for later

FWIW, I've found that shooting in raw helped my learning curve immensely with the cannon tool.

Also, if you end up still a little stumped, this picture resizing tool is what I use to batch process a whole lot of images for uploading to the web. I can set the image size, quality (number of pixels per inch), rename the files, and save them in a new location all in 1 batch.

If you don't like it, there are some more freebies at majorgeeks.com under the graphics section.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom