This weekend and next weekend South FLA recomendations? Feb 10-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n20junkie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am flying down with work this weekend, and the following weekend. I was hoping to maybe get in some diving, if the conditions are decent. I am from the great lakes, and am ok with cooler water, but don't want to be uncomfortable.

Is anyone diving with only full 3mm at this time? I rather not bring out the thick suit.

Are the conditions around Ft Lauderdale, or the Keys better?

Thanks so much for the help :)

I am flying down with work this weekend, and the following weekend. I was hoping to maybe get in some diving, if the conditions are decent. I am from the great lakes, and am ok with cooler water, but don't want to be uncomfortable.

Is anyone diving with only full 3mm at this time? I rather not bring out the thick suit.

Are the conditions around Ft Lauderdale, or the Keys better?

Thanks so much for the help :)

Current conditions on Molasses Reef in Key Largo:
NDBC - Station MLRF1

Right now I am wearing a 5mm, but I see lots of folks with a 3mm. I was wearing a 3mm until last week, when I bought the 5mm.
Water last night was 75, and the same today. Might want to wear a hood or hooded vest if you are prone to getting chilled. Also depends on how many dives you are going to do while you are here. If you are doing 4 dives a day, might want to opt for a hooded vest under your 3mm.

Report has a cold front coming through the Keys this weekend, so it might be a bit cooler for a few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom