Those ignorants...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is lock sys someone should know the sched (I would think). We have lots of forested areas up here that are now becoming gold mines. The petrefied wood; when raised after x number of years underwater makes for excellent furniture! The divers that are involved in this have been getting good money raising and selling this timber. Very dangerous diving though, again low vis, possible entrapment, lots to get caught up on ect...if all else fails I'am sure Don has been doing some ice diving in the ole stock tank :)

Dear all

I just had dinner with some friends. He is a scuba fanatic, his wife refuses to dive. When I ask, she makes vague mention of "anxiety". This evening I plied her with liquor until I got the story out of her:

She was working in Sales for some large corporation, and won a scuba diving trip to Hawaii, for some sales competition. She had never been diving before, but thought "cool" and jetted off to Hawaii to Molokini. She was suited up, the guide said "here - breathe through this"
and they were underwater. She said she felt claustrophic and would never go under water again.

This is perfect example of how to get people NOT to dive.

I was appalled.

gozumutti

Back
Top Bottom