Those stiff drysuit neck rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That video is 10 years old and relates to the original Nek Tite.

Hopefully someone covered other options with you. Aqualung was installing the oldest, stiffest of three different SiTech neck systems, but DRIS should be able to install any of the three. I think Aqualung might now be transitioning to a more flexible SiTech option.
Also, I hope they installed a more durable Polytex neck seal and not just latex.

Hopefully someone covered other options with you. Aqualung was installing the oldest, stiffest of three different SiTech neck systems, but DRIS should be able to install any of the three. I think Aqualung might now be transitioning to a more flexible SiTech option.
Also, I hope they installed a more durable Polytex neck seal and not just latex.

All options were gone over. The flexibility of the system doesn’t matter if it covers most of my shoulder. I had the second generation one on my first drysuit. Still limited shoulder mobility.

Who else has gotten rid of their neck ring?

I love the security of mine, but mainly because I am occassionally in remote areas so if I can't replace a neck seal, I'm done diving for a week potentially.

I know when Kelly order her new Bare suit, she couldn't get the ring because it was wider than the shoulder seams in her suit. You guys just aren't wide enough.

Regarding flexibility, I have no issues reaching my valves, but then I'm 50% wider than you. :)

reaching valves is a non-issue if you get a xdeep stealth and switch to sidemount

:shakehead:

What part of “had issues reaching suit dump valve” is unclear to you? Doubles or SM has absolutely no bearing on that issue.

report me if you want then. i'm just pointing out there are adjustments that can be made if people want to keep the neck ring.

it isn't black and white that neck rings only work for the broad shouldered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom