Thought you might like this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonspear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all

I thought you might like this short video of some friendly Caribbean Reef Sharks shot during our trip to the Bahamas. It's in .mp4 format so you'll need Quicktime/iTunes or another compatible media player to view it and it's 26mb so you'll need broadband!

www.viewfromtheblue.me.uk/PodNoMenu.mp4

If you can please right click and 'Save As' to your PC, then you can watch it at your leisure :)

There's one thing in particular I'd like to get some feedback on. At 5:06 you'll notice a shark at the bottom of the screen 'rolling' around in the sand. Has anyone ever heard of this before, and if so any idea what it means?

Cheers, Simon

simonspear:
There's one thing in particular I'd like to get some feedback on. At 5:06 you'll notice a shark at the bottom of the screen 'rolling' around in the sand. Has anyone ever heard of this before, and if so any idea what it means?
His inflator valve isn't working right! :D

LOL could be :)

I've had a few people say that it could be as mundane as it had an itch or the remora's were annoying it, but any other ideas would be very welcome!

Cheers, Simon

Beautiful!!! I just got certified last week and hope to dive next week in the Anna Maria, FL area. I was told-warned "there's sharks all over!" well that's where they live...
:) Hope to photograph sometime, after I get a couple of dives under my fins.

Well, hey Sue! You finally made it here! Remember, you don't have to swim faster than the shark: just faster than your buddy! :D

Nice video! Your reef shark was "flashing" or scratching along the bottom to remove external parasites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom