Suggestion Thread display width

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
bleeb

bleeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Don't think this has been brought up since the last software upgrade.

On most other vBulletin boards I frequent, they're set up so that if someone posts a really wide pic, it only affects the width of that single post, and all other posts in the thread remain the 'standard' width, so that people with narrow screens don't have to do a whole bunch of scrolling left and right to read every other post.

Bump, since there seems to have been a little bit of a rash of people posting extra wide photos in extended threads, lately. Since there's a SB system software upgrade in the offering, it seemed like an opportune time to mention this wee nit again.

Possibly.

However... with other work being performed at the moment... adding new functions on a product that has an EOL predicted seems like a bit of a waste of time. I'll see if it's within reason.

Didn't intend for it to be seen as an immediate desirement. It was more of something that hopefully you could add to the list of things to keep in mind as the new software got set up, particularly if it was easy to include in the process of configuring the new stuff.

Thanks for all the effort.

I noticed earlier today, when I accidentally posted a very large image, and then someone else did too, in the same thread, that while our posts were HUGE, the rest of the posts that followed ours were regular width. Is this what you are referring too?

Every time someone has posted one of theses large images before, the rest of the posts on that page were wide too.

Don't think this has been brought up since the last software upgrade.

On most other vBulletin boards I frequent, they're set up so that if someone posts a really wide pic, it only affects the width of that single post, and all other posts in the thread remain the 'standard' width, so that people with narrow screens don't have to do a whole bunch of scrolling left and right to read every other post.

I noticed earlier today, when I accidentally posted a very large image, and then someone else did too, in the same thread, that while our posts were HUGE, the rest of the posts that followed ours were regular width. Is this what you are referring too?

Every time someone has posted one of theses large images before, the rest of the posts on that page were wide too.

I use FireFox and the large pics only affect the post it's made in, everything else remains the same. In IE, it jams the whole page. If you have the ability to use a different browser, that may alleviate some of the issues until Howard find out if it's a feasible tweak.

DSC_00643.JPG

I did this... only because it will probably annoy Jax.

I've set the max width to 800.

I really don't want to spend much more time doing mods on vb 3.8 as we're looking at the move to 4.1 now. :)

Back
Top Bottom