Thread for the bearded divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full beard and 'stashe, last time I shaved was Jan '81,,,: I've found that shaving just about 1/4" under my nose helps out, but doesn't completely solve the water intrusion problem, just solws it down, Keeping you cheeks shaved is a big help as well - put a mask on long enough to see there it rides, and you'll know where you need to shave.
Or,,, just beome really proficient at clearing you mask, like me!

KevinL

No mask issues for me, just a few stray hairs catching in the drysuit's neck seal though. I am lucky I guess, I can shave less than an 1/8" off the mustache and get no leaks!

I trim my moustache just below my nose and sometimes have no leakage, sometimes a little. I'm not as bothered by it now and I clear regularly. My OW instructor was very heavily bearded and moustached and I asked him what he did and he just said, "clear regularly." I have used silicone grease, but it didn't seem to do much.

I put my mask on then take my gf's makeup pencil and draw the outline of my mask then shave inside the lines I have no issues this way and it keeps my beard looking decent

For my experience, I have just got used to the fact that I will always have some water come into the mask. It does help with fogging issues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my mask on then take my gf's makeup pencil and draw the outline of my mask then shave inside the lines I have no issues this way and it keeps my beard looking decent

I may have to borrow this idea...it'll keep the "wolf man" look to a minimum! :D

I have a Hollis m1 mask and no leaking issues but as someone else in this thread mentioned, gotta shave the neck beard or else the drysuit seals will be an issue.

I have a Hollis m1 mask and no leaking issues but as someone else in this thread mentioned, gotta shave the neck beard or else the drysuit seals will be an issue.

Ah, the neck beard! I had that happen to me last week...forgot to trim it up, went diving..."why is my suit leaking"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom