Suggestion Thread Revival Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Love Scubaboard but one thing that makes me boil is going into threads with new posts, reading all the way through them only to find out that the thread was started 4 years ago and someone revived it by essentially bumping it with summary advice for someone who no longer browses the forum. While I have no doubt the archive of posts that we have on this forum are invaluable, can we add an auto-lock system for inactive threads dated a year or longer? Adding to some threads is an important process which I understand but there's a good few I read through and can't help but think "why was this revived".

That's not you, no one would let you register a car in the states.

Sent from my pasture using Tabableet 2

can I use it to describe how I feel someone is acting eg "in my opinion steve acts like an *******"?
Well, you could be a bit more creative, don't you think? If someone *acts* like an *******, we must consider just how an ******* acts... that is, what can an ******* *do*? Something along the lines of "all I hear is smelly hot air and BS" :)
Rick

Well, you could be a bit more creative, don't you think? If someone *acts* like an *******, we must consider just how an ******* acts... that is, what can an ******* *do*? Something along the lines of "all I hear is smelly hot air and BS" :)
Rick

Hot air and BS? :headscratch: I fear they might be on to me.

Hot air and BS? :headscratch: I fear they might be on to me.

I heard SB staff was considering shortening the TOS to just say: "Don't act like Steve!" :gas:

I figure if Pete does it, it is fair game. Of course, we can't change the word filter when we want to insult someone, but short of that.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom