thread sizes on reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to build an IP guage so I can try to retune my backup regs. Local shop worked on it, but they did a crappy job. I thought it was touchy, so I got another local shop to look at it. They gave it back and said it was fine and did not tend to freeflow and charged me to test it, and when I got in the water the thing freeflowed like Mr. Bush spends money. Anyways, no way I'm taking this thing to either of those shops, I don't trust them at all with life support equipment now. I have a guage, I just need to know the size of threads on an LP hose on my reg so I can buy an adaptor and check my IP.

Of course then I need to know how to adjust the IP, but lets take it one step at a time now shall we? :)

Leisure pro has the adapter if that is the way you want to go. (AQUHA57305) It is not just a question of thread size but also the O-ring seal on the inside surface. I suggest you get the adapter that connects the IP gauge to the LPI inflator. LP is one of a number of sources for that adapter.

The Conshelf XII is a really easy reg to work on, and the 2nds that you list in your profile are easy to adjust.

You should be able to find manuals, instructions, parts, etc. with a google search.

Peter

Several years ago I purchased a dedicated IP manometer which simply clicks onto the inflator hose... so no screwing/unscrewing... simply 'click'. It did cost about USD25 and it's soooooooooooo handy... :wink:

When I built my IP gauge, I used a regular bourdon tube gauge (that cost all of 2 bucks) rated to up to 200 PSI then I attatched it to a spare LP hose I happened to have around (with a 3/8 inch male end).
However, on eBay, I've seen the occasional sale where an IP gauge with QD can be had for only about 12 bucks. Then there's the $6 S&H, so you still come out ahead I guess. I was tempted to get one, but hey, since my home-made gauge still works great, why spend more?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom