Thrift Store Discovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While waiting for my car to be serviced I popped into a thrift store and found the original hardcover 20 volume set of 'The Ocean World of Jacques Cousteau' in great condition (shows some age but no frayed corners).

$20 and a 3 block walk later it was in the car and on its way home.

Can't wait to add them to the library and read each and every word.

Anybody else have a random find they want to share?

JEALOUS!

I haven't found anything scuba related personally. There aren't many thrift stores nearby.
My friend once found a $10 set of Jet fins that's was in much better condition than most of those you find on ebay.
It was also had it's vent's colored with paint pant pens so you could see her when she's swimming below you.

Great find! I wish I could stumble onto something like that.

I found a nice copy of the Beatles "Butcher Cover" Yesterday and Today album for 25 cents once. I sold it a few years later for $600. I saw one go for over $100,000 or so last week.
The-Beatles-Butcher-Cover.jpg

I found two Sherwood Brut regs with octo's, console with SPG & depth guage and BC hose. I've rebuilt them and they are ready to rock. Make me an offer!

Jim

I saw a Jacques Cousteau' huge coffee-table book that was maybe 16"x16" or something. It wasn't in very good condition and they wanted $50.

I thumbed through it and it was mostly pictures. Some cool but alot were poor quality and some of them were faded maybe from being left open in the sun?

I didn't buy it but thats the coolest scuba thing i've seen in a thrift store. I did buy a '84 PADI AOW Manual for $2.

I picked up 2 pairs of force fin pro for $25 dollar each pair at a army navy camping store. That is right a camping store. It was owned by a former seal. I had wanted to try force fin for many year, however the price for a new pair was too high. I keep my eye open for any scuba items in any thrift store that i come across.

While waiting for my car to be serviced I popped into a thrift store and found the original hardcover 20 volume set of 'The Ocean World of Jacques Cousteau' in great condition (shows some age but no frayed corners).

$20 and a 3 block walk later it was in the car and on its way home.

What a waste of money....

But being the type of guy I am, I'll take them off your hands for $25 :D

Sea Wing fins, booties, weight belt and 18# of soft weights for $5 at a yard sale....and everything fit.

I am in the know, being a book dealer. Your find is totally worthless. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

But... the good news is that I can take those worthless book off your hands for $30, and I'll even pay for the shipping.

Back
Top Bottom