Thu/Fri (Jan12/13) local dive, anyone in??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we are talking night dive sure, daytime work is taking over my life at the moment.

Maybe a night dive, but it's going to be tight. Where were you thinking Tino?

I was going to go skiing Sat & Diving Sunday if you are intersted :)

If you're interested in doing the night dive, that would work fine for me. Tonight or tomorrow, whytecliff I'm assuming? Unfortunately my weekend's full so I can't join you. But the following week should work!

how about tomorrow night?

Hmm I wonder if it's safe to go skiing the next day if I do a night dive.

I may have to skip diving tomorrow as I'm planning to go skiing on Saturday.

Bjorn

Bjorn on a single dive you will be long out of "no fly" for the following day. My computer normally gives me 4 - 6 hours of no fly on a single dive. Depends on depth and time, but you would be fine and you would max out at 7,000 feet on Whistler and not that much on Blackcombe unless you went up to the glacier.

You might want to check with someone more knowledgeable, but I am pretty sure this is OK. Multiple dives - no way.

Looking at the us navy dive tables, (I've never been trained in the navy so only take this with a grain of salt) an 80' single dive of 35 minutes gives you a 10:49min interval before ascending 7000', and a 5:37min interval for 5000' (max altitude at cypress). So I think a 12hour period should be enough, however I would only do what you feel comfortable with definately skip it if you feel any hesitation.

Doug: The thing is that I dove last night. I'm not past the 48 hour window so my computer tracks that a bit different. It tracks 'repeated' dives in a 48 hour window. I'm sure I'll not have more than 10 hours or so of 'no fly' but this is one of those situations where I'd rather be really really careful, especially since I'm still getting back to full health after being sick last week.

However, I'll search in the dive medicine forum to see if there have been posts about this and what the advice was :)

Bjorn

Ok guys, did a quick bit of research. http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/research/projects/fad/results.asp

DAN seems to recommend 12 - 18 hours between diving and altitude, depending on dive profile. I'm going to err on the side of caution and bow out if the plans are to go skiing on Saturday, especially since I'm my health is not 100%. Better safe than sorry, IMO.

If I'm not going to ski Saturday, I'm in for tomorrow night :)

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom