Tight Connection In Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I am traveling with a group for work and I pull the group reservation into my account and check the group in, everyone in the group gets Pre Check because I have Pre Check via Global Entry.

That don't sound right

Having gone through IAH more than a few times, I promise you 41 minutes wont even get you through immigration.
It really depends on the number of international flights that land at about the same time. The last time I was there there were practically no lines and I got though Immigration in about 10 minutes. If your bags aren't on out the carousel yet it doesn't really matter how long Immigration takes. As for Customs, I have never been in line for more than 10 minutes or so.

It really depends on the number of international flights that land at about the same time. The last time I was there there were practically no lines and I got though Immigration in about 10 minutes. If your bags aren't on out the carousel yet it doesn't really matter how long Immigration takes. As for Customs, I have never been in line for more than 10 minutes or so.

You've been extremely lucky. That is not the norm. Usually, we're running faster than OJ in a Hertz commercial to make a connector @ IAH, and I am waiting on the bags while the wife waits in the line to get out.

You've been extremely lucky. That is not the norm. Usually, we're running faster than OJ in a Hertz commercial to make a connector @ IAH, and I am waiting on the bags while the wife waits in the line to get out.
That was nearly 40 years ago. I wonder how many here on SB never saw it? I banished TV from my life 10 years later and nowadays I miss a lot of TV jokes.

Making the connection at any airport varies with various parts of the big picture. What part is your usual challenge? Immigration seems to be my only holdup if any. Once I clear that, clearing Customs goes pretty fast, and I never change airlnes so getting to the next plane doesn't take long. It can help to print out a map of the airport and study your challenges & options. I once took a cab to get across DFW.

Clearing the Border Patrol checkpoint just south of Alpine was easy yesterday. :crafty: Just a "Yes sir, I'm American" and a glance at my camping gear in the back seat - so much easier than last year. I warned my daughter to make sure all of the Chinese kids with us had their passports & visas handy, but no - we had to park, open suitcases, etc. Glad they all found theirs. :banghead:

I was indeed very lucky the last time to get through Immigration in 10 minutes, but the line in Customs has been pretty much the same 10 minutes or so every time in 35 or so trips through Houston from Cozumel.

I'll just add that I always plan in at least two hours in my itinerary for getting through IAH on the way home so I don't stress over it. If I get through I&C sooner than I expected I go up to Pappadeaux and have a nice glass of wine. I'm still on vacation.

Last edited:
Making the connection at any airport varies with various parts of the big picture. What part is your usual challenge? Immigration seems to be my only holdup if any. Once I clear that, clearing Customs goes pretty fast, and I never change airlnes so getting to the next plane doesn't take long. It can help to print out a map of the airport and study your challenges & options. I once took a cab to get across DFW.

Clearing the Border Patrol checkpoint just south of Alpine was easy yesterday. :crafty: Just a "Yes sir, I'm American" and a glance at my camping gear in the back seat - so much easier than last year. I warned my daughter to make sure all of the Chinese kids with us had their passports & visas handy, but no - we had to park, open suitcases, etc. Glad they all found theirs. :banghead:

Usually, it's that multiple intl. flights have landed at the same time and we're battling that.

Usually, it's that multiple intl. flights have landed at the same time and we're battling that.
I know, the hassles involved with air travel, more so international, have become unbearable at times. I hate spending an hour or more in that Immigration line, seeing the same people even after turns, etc. I've been tempted to just drive down.
mexican.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom