Time to give up smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Food taste better, I can smell everything, it's great. It's only been six weeks but I am holding out. You can do it, it's worth it. Even if don't look at it from a diving prospective!

I really hope that the diving factor will give me additional motivations to quit. The risks and fear of lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, the yuck and the bad breath after a smoke so far weren't strong enough. :nosmoke:

If you want to stop smoking, take up freediving.

(By the way, where can I find a regulator that allow me to smoke while I'm diving?):)

If I could have invented one of these in the 1980s, I would be a millionaire today....

Good Luck on your quitting. I too am once again working on that. It is a struggle. Stupid of me. I thought I could handle smoking one pack and stoppping again... didn't work so well. :< My problem is that I needed to find another way to relieve stress.. Exercise does help a lot. So now I got to get mind mind set right so that I think like a non-smoker again. I am determined to do it again.

Good Luck on your quitting. I too am once again working on that. It is a struggle. Stupid of me. I thought I could handle smoking one pack and stoppping again... didn't work so well. :< My problem is that I needed to find another way to relieve stress.. Exercise does help a lot. So now I got to get mind mind set right so that I think like a non-smoker again. I am determined to do it again.

You are not alone in this struggle!! I've tried to stop in the past with medicines, etc. It worked for a few days but I wasn't motivated to stop. Now I am!!!!:D

I am now sitting here smoking like a steam-train because I've only got 25 hours left of smoking. That is my final deadline, then I am FINISHED.

Good luck for you as well!

You are not alone in this struggle!! I've tried to stop in the past with medicines, etc. It worked for a few days but I wasn't motivated to stop. Now I am!!!!:D

I am now sitting here smoking like a steam-train because I've only got 25 hours left of smoking. That is my final deadline, then I am FINISHED.

Good luck for you as well!
Well, as Red Green (show on PBS) says:

"We're all in this together... I'm pulling for ya!"

-Tricia

Been reading this thread and realised I am some where near 10 years clean. I quit for several reasons, diving one of the major ones. Forget patches, or gum...idiotic to still feed the jones.
Know that, in my case, I gained weight, lost friends(Smokers) Lost my job, and killed three people who got in my face while I quit. Worth It.

I would say the key to quitting and i did a year ago, is the first 3 months. If you don't have a smoke your lungs will clean up, if you then try to smoke your body will freak out. Remember life savers are key, you need to always have some ready for the urge that will come

Congrats to all the ex-smokers out there. Today is 4 months for me. I used Chantix for the first month which really helped but as stated in other posts, I gained some weight but I feel good about myself and my health. I figure the money I'm saving will pay for at least one dive vacation a year. That's the best part.

Back
Top Bottom