Tip for something to place underneath dive gear while drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm coming back to diving after a long break. Since I last dove I have moved. In the past my gear got washed in the shower and hung on the shower rod to dry. I dont a shower rod anymore, the bathroom is tile so finding a stud to mount one would be difficult at best. For storage I hang them in my bedroom closet but the floors are wood so I dont want them dripping on the wood.

Do you guys/gals know something not to expensive I can place under the gear to collect the drips?

A cat litter box would work but might be too small. There are oil change trays that may work as well.
dp-10_l_2_resized.jpg

You might be able to pick up a tote lid for free at a home improvement store as sometimes they have more lids than totes due to people forgetting or not needing the lid. I keep these lids in the back of my suv for wet gear. They also hold two LP108s perfectly.

black-yellow-hdx-storage-bins-hdx27gonline-5-64_1000.jpg

Alternatively you could also buy a concrete mixing tub for a few bucks. On a side note they also are a great addition to under sink cabinets for when a leak develops. :wink:

Medium Mixing Tub-26100 - The Home Depot

concrete-mixing-tubs-26100-64_1000.jpg

I like the mixing tube idea, seems big enough the catch the drips from wet suits and dry suits. Totes seem to small to catch the wetsuit drips from arms

I like the mixing tube idea, seems big enough the catch the drips from wet suits and dry suits. Totes seem to small to catch the wetsuit drips from arms

Big 18 gallon tote works quite well for catching drips from my drysuit.

If you get the right size mixing tub, it makes a great tray to hold the wet stuff in your vehicle, too. And pretty sturdy. I think mine is about 15 years old now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom