Tip for something to place underneath dive gear while drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm personally drawn towards the one that you see in my post #16. Not that expensive either. Can use it in the shower or on the balconey and when all is dry, perhaps it will fit in the corner of the guest room.

I'm thinking of this for myself after the downsize.

I take a mop handle and put it diagonally across the shower rod I have which is L-shaped. Saying you have no shower rod, do you have a glass enclosure? If so and if it doesn't go all the way to the ceiling, maybe just use a mop or broom handle to make an in- shower hanging rod.

My wet stuff drains in the shower, no shower curtain.

A little PVC and fittings and viola! Instant scuba drying rack. I just didn't glue the uprights to the base so its easier to store.
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg

My wet stuff drains in the shower, no shower curtain.

A little PVC and fittings and viola! Instant scuba drying rack. I just didn't glue the uprights to the base so its easier to store.
View attachment 533192 View attachment 533194
Should point out that pvc pictured is grey and appears to be schedule 80, thus thicker/stiffer/stronger than the white schedule 40. White may not hold the heavy wet load well enough.

That is a great setup, no issues with a wet backplate wing setup?

You don’t need to hang up a wet BP/W. Detach wing and BP. Dump all water out of wing. Put some air in it and prop up on a towel on the floor to dry.

81vFNLWDJTL._SX425_.jpg

This is what I like to put under my wet gear. Glove and boot dryer.

Should point out that pvc pictured is grey and appears to be schedule 80, thus thicker/stiffer/stronger than the white schedule 40. White may not hold the heavy wet load well enough.

Correct, thicker is better when its wetter

Once in awhile it will try to lean over when everything is wet right after a dive. I just make sure it's leaning the right way...LOL

Just try it before you glue it up. You could also experiment with 4 uprights maybe?

For now it works, so KISS. Go blow bubbles instead.

Back
Top Bottom