Tip for something to place underneath dive gear while drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put a small fan into whatever dead space you are creating. Point it up- set on 11. Blow me.

The cheapest drip tray around? It's the widget they sell at Home Stores- it's a little mini-swimming pool you stick under the water heater that will be leaking in 10 years and one day.

I use the guest shower though, it cuts down on visits from my sister in law.

Get that fan.

I have a rack to hang the wetsuit. A long plastic bin under the rack to catch the dripping. Other stuff (boots, hood, etc.) go in a separate smaller bin. All are dry in a week and ready fir the next dive day.

I have been impressed with the speed in which my concrete garage floor wicks away moisture. It seems like it would be impermeable but it's surprisingly porous. Only an option if you have a garage, obviously. And I have heard that car exhaust is really bad for rubber.

I have some spare PVC Nd wooden dowels from other projects. 3/4 inch with 1/2 inch inside plus wooden dowel should do it weight wise. The bins from lowes just got assigned to primary trunk protection with the weather tech liner being secondary.

I have a garage but my car barely fits in it as is.
Once in awhile it will try to lean over when everything is wet right after a dive. I just make sure it's leaning the right way...LOL

Just try it before you glue it up. You could also experiment with 4 uprights maybe?

For now it works, so KISS. Go blow bubbles instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom