Tipping in Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skydiver1

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Do divemasters expect tips in Malta? I presume not given most European countries have some form of statutory minimum wage.

Also, not really Europe, but close enough - is tipping prevalent in Egypt.

Thanks

We left them a huge quantity of booze when we left. Just because it's Europe dive guides don't get a huge wage in Malta.

I have been here diving for the last two months with different clubs, and I havent heard anything about tipping the dive masters.

While tipping is NOT expected in Malta it is appriciated. It helps us supplement our wages.

In Egypt it is expected especially the local help, those that carry your gear, get it ready for you. The locals are apparentlly paid really low and I am told many of the instructors are not on a full season contract but called in when needed.

A kinda late comment, but I believe that if you enjoyed the dive and the service that was provided, you need to show your gratitude. And tipping is one of the easiest ways to do so.

While tipping may not be "expected" in the region where you dive, it will certainly be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom