Tips and tricks of buoyancy control with blackout/absent mask.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the hood and dry gloves. Like you have mentioned it's a bit tricky to get the bubbles with the gloves and the hood. But I managed to do it 3 times, I will be trying more until I get it

Yes it is. The dry gloves are not so sensible. Well. The reason why i don't like it so much and why I still prefer another method is that one hand is allways engaged, therefore it is better to use a spare mask which is more comfortable namely when you need both hands for the rest of a dive. But I can agree the bubble method may be usable for the event of uncontrolled mask lost when nothing else is available. But without a proper training very hardly. The cold water is realy big enemy for mask-loosing-divers :).

I can read my bottom timer with my mask off. It's super fuzzy, but the numbers on my display are quite large and I can tell if it goes from 35ft to 34 or 36. As long as you're practicing no-mask stuff, it's worth trying to see if you can still see your depth reading.

And yeah, bubble mask is really cool, but I can only trap a bubble for a second at a time or so, and there's no way I can pull it off in a useful fashion :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom