Tips and tricks to having a car, downtown parking, rules of the road, etc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reality of renting an automobile in Mexico

Which is what?

I've rented cars in Mexico many times. The reality is this: I go to pick up the car, inspect it, and leave some sort of security deposit. I drive the car around for a while, fill the tank, then return it. They inspect it, return my deposit, and I pay them.

How's that "something really bad"?

Which is what?

I've rented cars in Mexico many times. The reality is this: I go to pick up the car, inspect it, and leave some sort of security deposit. I drive the car around for a while, fill the tank, then return it. They inspect it, return my deposit, and I pay them.

How's that "something really bad"?

I glad that you have had positive experiences.

I agree with mssteens i rent everytime i a in cozumel and have never had a problem Sorry for you Deputy dan if you had a bad experience. People can do research on who to rent from and who not to. I rent from ISIS and she is great and very trustworthy and if there ever was a problem she wouldn't scam you- just pay what is owed.

I strongly prefer to rent from Isis, but even when I've rented from other places the very worst things that've happened have been annoyances rather than significant problems.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with you?
Please don't feed the trolls. You're not doing them any favors; it just makes them dependent on us for sustenance. :D

I think it is nice the locals yell out a little correction to the tourists who didn't really look at the map or listen to the direction they were given before trying to find Carlos and Charlies. They aren't mean about it. (Unlike the correction you would be likely to get in the US driving the wrong way...)

We enjoy yelling at the Wrong Way Jeeps. That's part of the fun of eating at Le Chef. Everybody screws up that turn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom