tips for getting ready for my OW course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks this is really helpful, I'm doing my Open Water Certificate next weekend. I'm hitting the pool this week to make sure I can still actually do 200m without hyperventilating (I used to be a big swimmer but it's been a while)

If you aren't doing e-learning, make sure you have read your book and done your knowledge reviews. Watch the videos. The class goes much more smoothly if the students are prepared.

Absolutely. And do this if you take some advanced courses later on. There's nothing more frustrating for students and instructor if some in the class are reading the book for the first time while class goes on.

I totally agree with reading the book and watching the DVD. My wife and I read the book together and watched the DVD over and over. We also did the online learning that SSI offers on their website. When we got to class it was obvious who had read the material and who had not. Our instructor got to the point where he would say "anyone BUT Dave or Danee, what is the answer to this question?". No one else would answer the questions for the most part, so we were always raising our hand. If no one else would answer then he would ask us. We weren't always right but at least we were actively participating.

Back
Top Bottom