Tired of the damned like/tweet/share, etc., pop ups!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Guess I need to look into Adblock Plus and figuring out all this code posted above ...
Bob,

In my limited experience, if you use Adblock you don't need to worry about the code.

k

Bob,

In my limited experience, if you use Adblock you don't need to worry about the code.

That depends on what you wanna do with it. If you just wanna get rid of the ads, then yeah, just install it and be happy. But if you also wanna use it to get rid of other stuff that's not really ads, like all the facebook junk, then you need to add your own custom rules. But that's really only a matter of copy/paste, or you can try to make your own rules by using the additional Element Hiding Helper add-on, which is pretty easy to use.

I can sense a new project coming on soon.

3 possibilities here

1. you're are extremely bored
2. you enjoy annoying people
3. you want people to stop using SB

what happened to freedom of choice?...i don't use FB and all the other so called social sites, i believe there is a great deal of other people that don't...just let us be
those that like that kind of stuff will use it
everyone wins

wasting your time plastering my screen with a huge back banner lasted all but 10 seconds

I can too ... you're gonna make it easy for people like me to turn those buttons off ... right?

Not everyone who uses ScubaBoard wants to FaceBook, yanno ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

what happened to freedom of choice?...i don't use FB and all the other so called social sites, i believe there is a great deal of other people that don't...just let us be
those that like that kind of stuff will use it
everyone wins

The reality is... 99% of the daily traffic either supports SB by being a supporting member, or views the ads (which support SB) or both...

Another reality is this. Most every site on the internet has options to SHARE articles etc on Facebook, twitter, or whatever... It's called "Social media." Facebook is the #2 website on the internet. Twitter is #8. So it's clear that the VAST MAJORITY of internet users DO use Facebook or other Social Media. In fact. ScubaBoard is social media :wink:

If you don't like Facebook, then don't click the button.

Not every function will make every user happy. Can you opt out of everything that you don't like on every website you visit? Somehow I doubt that.

This little social bookmark function makes it very easy for those who wish to share media able to do so. For the 6 users who find it so annoying, I am sorry that you find it that way.

---

Bob... I have created a usergroup called, "No Social Bookmarks" - you can join from your UserCP and Permission Groups. Then they won't be there anymore.

Last edited:
You rock!

My old computer feels like it just got a shot of Geritol ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... I have created a usergroup called, "No Social Bookmarks" - you can join from your UserCP and Permission Groups. Then they won't be there anymore.

That's way cool. Thank you !

The reality is... 99% of the daily traffic either supports SB by being a supporting member, or views the ads (which support SB) or both...

Another reality is this. Most every site on the internet has options to SHARE articles etc on Facebook, twitter, or whatever... It's called "Social media." Facebook is the #2 website on the internet. Twitter is #8. So it's clear that the VAST MAJORITY of internet users DO use Facebook or other Social Media. In fact. ScubaBoard is social media :wink:

If you don't like Facebook, then don't click the button.

Not every function will make every user happy. Can you opt out of everything that you don't like on every website you visit? Somehow I doubt that.

This little social bookmark function makes it very easy for those who wish to share media able to do so. For the 6 users who find it so annoying, I am sorry that you find it that way.

---

Bob... I have created a usergroup called, "No Social Bookmarks" - you can join from your UserCP and Permission Groups. Then they won't be there anymore.

Very nice, thanks. I think that was a superb solution. Thanks! "No Social Bookmarks" group joined!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom