Titanium I-Phones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So can we please all agree that an I-Phone "with Titanium" is absolutely no different than an I-Phone without Titanium!!! No wonder these flipp'n phones cost so much...... it's to pay for advertising **** that makes absolutely no difference.

So can we please all agree that an I-Phone "with Titanium" is absolutely no different than an I-Phone without Titanium!!!
We cannot agree on this. The titanium phone is made from titanium, the others are not made of titanium.
:facepalm:

So can we please all agree that an I-Phone "with Titanium" is absolutely no different than an I-Phone without Titanium!!! No wonder these flipp'n phones cost so much...... it's to pay for advertising **** that makes absolutely no difference.
I miss the days of a good Nextel that you could drop off of a water tower from 150' up and it still chirped it's little heart away like nothing happened.

That's a thing I watched happen, right onto the stones below.

If we're being honest it's all throw away **** now.

We cannot agree on this. The titanium phone is made from titanium, the others are not made of titanium.
:facepalm:
Good point Jim.. I should have said better instead of different..

I hate to be that guy, but the iPhone 15 Pro, which is titanium, has a better camera set and a better processor than the regular iPhone 15, which has an aluminum body. In my mind, that is a better phone. Now, when it comes to colors, the iPhone 15 Pro has a limited set of colors compared to the regular iPhone 15, which would be a drawback for some, including my wife and daughter.

My son, being an engineer, is waiting for the iPhone 16 Pro once they sort out the overheating problems with the iPhone 15 Pro.

Yeah....... I totally get it. I just was getting saturated with all the commercials during football games making it sound like a phone "with" Titanium is the cats pajamas! And I don't think that Titanium has anything to do the camera or processor....but I could be wrong for sure. As for colors, once my phone is in it's Otter Box Defender......then I can't see the color anyway. I don't even remember exactly what color my 13 pro is......but I'm pretty sure it's something like gun metal gray.......which looks just like Titanium to me!

I miss the days of a good Nextel that you could drop off of a water tower from 150' up and it still chirped it's little heart away like nothing happened.

If we're being honest it's all throw away **** now.
My housing flooded recently due to an error on my part. iPhone 13 was at around 40' for about an hour. I did not realize it had flooded until I surfaced. My housing -- a DiveVolk -- used some sort of silicone gel in between the two touch screen layers and that had leaked also. My phone was coated in a mixture of seawater and KY jelly and had been at 40'. I sprayed it down with my baby shampoo sprayer and then gave it a good rinse. After letting it dry overnight, everything worked except the speaker and the vibrator. The speaker took a week or so but it also came back to life. So the only casualty was the vibrator and I am still hoping that recovers.

KY jelly and broken vibrator, bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom