to all the owners of mares icon hd, or those who thought about buying it,i got Qs plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey hatul , i bought the hd icon net ready with the air transmitter, i dont know if its identical to the old unit,but if i ever get on a night dive, i'll be sure to let u know,
my 1st test was in a low vis water , i think the visibilitywas like 2 meters, "6 ft" , the brightness in that waster wasnt the best i thought it would be brighter. then again, i was very happy with it, the air warning the transmitter didn't cut the signal, i did stretch my arms far away i think its great.

lets hope it stays that way :)

I did buy one from Scubatoys, though have not dived it yet. The display is very nice: clear, simple and bright. It's the forte of this computer. The compass looks good too. The underlying software is much simpler than the Sol, and lacks the simulator or any serious planning except for giving the NDLs.

I've had problems using it with the Dive Organizer, in that the software does not recognize it as a previously connected DC, but gives a New Computer window and expects me to enter a new computer name etc each time. I've had no response from Mares tech support.

Pairing with the tank module went fine and it shows the accurate tank pressure and displays nicely.

The battery is a lithium rechargeable that charges from any USB port. The computer loses 4-5% per day of it's charge just sitting on the shelf, but it charges fast. 1-2 hour charge and it's ready to dive.

Adam

Last edited:
Well for what it's worth, I ordered on myself from Scubatoys. I didn't need AI, I already have a Compumsk (which flooded the electronics compartment and I'm waiting on a replacement) and an old Atom1 that both are able to use the same transmitter. I also have a 15+ year old Cochran that has AI that just will not quit, so I'm pretty well covered on the AI.

I don't really care for the Compumask or Areis in general these days, so I'm thinking of selling the new one when I get it. I wanted to try the Mares icon HD, so the non upgradeable model for $449 plus free shipping was too good to pass up, so I went for it. They shipped it the day I ordered it, and it will be here tomorrow. I hope to dive somewhere with it this weekend. I can give a review if you like.

hatul , i did not have any problems with the planner, ive already upgraded to the latest firmware. i might try it again this weekend. but im glad u like it as well.

techdeep =) sure bro, any feedback would be nice, even though we bought it , im sure other people might have the same questions as we did and might look into this thread =)

If you want a more less conservative computer you should be looking an Oceanic. One like the Atom 3.0 or the VT 4, also is you want to go even more libral than the Cochran MC-20 is the way to go. That is the most libral dive computer in the world.

hatul , i did not have any problems with the planner, ive already upgraded to the latest firmware. i might try it again this weekend. but im glad u like it as well.

techdeep =) sure bro, any feedback would be nice, even though we bought it , im sure other people might have the same questions as we did and might look into this thread =)

The only planner I can see is the screen for no-deco times for each depth. What kind of planner does your computer have?

Will do, and as far as liberal vs conservative, I also have an Aeris compumask and an Oceanic Atom 1, so I look forward to comparing how much bottom time each one gives me. I also have a Cochran Nemesis 2A, but that is a 15 year old computer.

hatul, sorry i thought u were talking about the dive orginizer on the computer.

tech, that would be nice =) although i didn't have that much of a problem with p0 , let us know what you think :)

The Luna compass is the best I have ever used. It is truely fantastic. The AI is superb. There is nothing i can say bad about the SOL or LUNA.
And the battery life is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom