To dive brac with a 4 and 6 yr olds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Happy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi friends,
Havent been here for a while. After getting laid off from my job of 10yrs, I had a hard time finding another. Finally got back on track and want to spent some time with my wife and kids. The last few trips were all about kid. This time around, I want something my wife and I to enjoy (diving) but not leaving the kids at home.

We've been to coz, lil cayman, Turks and was thinking of Brac this time around.
-We want to avoid mass people
-babysitting arrangments availibilities?
-kids friendly dive hotel or resort
-decent beach for kids
-good diving
-quiet but yet able to explore around. Walk around town or biking or scooter

We are thinking brac reef resort or the other resorts on brac. I've read most reviews and it's 99% divers or older kid. Or cobalt coast GC?

Or curaçao somewhere because they have topside and decent beach.
Maybe Bonaire?

Any advice or suggestions? Will brac reef be good for the 4th old?

Thank you,
Happy

Not Bonaire. It's extremenly dive centric from all I have seena and heard. Beach as we know it is virtually nonexistent.

Thanks spectrum.

I guess I can rule that out..
Any thoughts Brac reef resort. Cobalt coast GC?
Or maybe Marriott curaçao or lions dive?

With a 4 yr old ofcourse

Cobalt Coast's beach isn't water side, the ocean edge is iron shore. I'm not sure how much kids that age could find to keep them occupied there but obviously Grand has more going on in general, its also expensive and crowded even off the beaten path like up at Cobalt Coast. Brac Reef has a nice beach but nothing is really within walking distance from there and all the bikes they had when we were there at least are adult size. I don't recall any organzied kids activities but we don't have kids and weren't looking for them. Given what you've posted I think that Plaza Resort in Bonaire is your best bet. Pretty good beach (not like 7 mile on Grand but plenty enough to make sand castles and such), activities for the kids (lots of kids when we stayed there last year which was actually a negative for childless people like us), great diving, close to town (long walk or very short drive from downtown) and not on a crowded island.

You might look at Curacao. I think the family resort there is breezes and they have activities for kids. The dive shop is not far from the hotel too.

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

Hey many thanks for all the advice!

I sort of ruled out the iron shore places.

Any thoughts on Carib Sand Condos on cayman brac?

Thanks again!

The Carib Sands beach and the beach at Brac Reef Resort is sandy. You can get into the water at Carib Sands as there are a few areas with no turtle grass. Snorkeling the dock is great and because it is inside the reef there is little wave action. Carib Sands also has a great pool right off the beach.

Not much town to walk around on Brac. There are caves to explore, trails up on the bluff to hike, and you can always hang out at one of the north side ocean front locales for some incredible sunsets.

Great ice cream at PO PO Jebs (sic) and kid friendly food there also.

You will need to rent a car, but it is very easy and rather inexpensive. Very little traffic makes driving on the left pain free if you have not done it much. B and S will meet you at the airport.

You will not go wrong choosing the Brac as your vacation destination. Good luck and safe diving.

Very helpful tips!
I'm actually looking forward to Brac and will give it a shot.

Thanks again for your advice!

Hey many thanks for all the advice!

I sort of ruled out the iron shore places.

Any thoughts on Carib Sand Condos on cayman brac?

Thanks again!

I've stayed at the Carib Sands, it is nice. A very small beach. The location is good as it is close to Brac Beach Resort...but you still need a car. B&S is worth it, get a rental from them.
The diving is great, I'm sure you'll enjoy the quietness of the Brac.
Please give us a report when you get back.

A couple of folks have mentioned B&S for car rental, and I'm sure they're fine.
But there are other options. I've had excellent service from 4D's for 20 years, and they too will meet you at the airport.

There's also CB, and Brac Rent-a-Car, so lots of options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom