To the Open Water Divers in the cave at Ginnie Springs today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you're aloud to bring matches and a candle .... I need to look at the book again...

Yes.... On page 4 sub-section b reads " A OW or AOW diver may bring one candle of not more then 3" in length, A glass jar no bigger then a moonshine jar and three water proof matches in to a open spring area for the sole purpose of looking under wet rocks no closer then 18" from a cave entrance.....

See.... PADI always has a course for you...:rolleyes:

Jim...

Last edited:
When my sons and I were diving the Ballroom at Ginnie the last of December, I was surprised to see a freediver show up at the grate. Later, he told us that he could hold his breath for around five minutes. Even if I could hold my breath that long, I wouldn't be going someplace like that.

Free divers are very common in the ballroom. Sometimes I will enter the mouth of the ballroom on a breath but with wide open spaces, no snags, clear visibility, and a shallow depth it is not that dangerous.

522997_3792039765760_1659155656_n.jpg

Free divers are very common in the ballroom. Sometimes I will enter the mouth of the ballroom on a breath but with wide open spaces, no snags, clear visibility, and a shallow depth it is not that dangerous.

522997_3792039765760_1659155656_n.jpg

But all the way down to the grate?

But all the way down to the grate?

When the grate was installed thy had a female free diver come down and have pictures taken at it.

---------- Post added March 1st, 2013 at 08:31 AM ----------

What if I'm a jersey wreck diver and not an ow diver???

Well then you probably walk around with our chest puffed out almost as far as your huge gut while pizza sauce drips down your chin and rant about how safe it is to dive the Doria on air with a side slung pony bottle. :)

Just kidding of course.

The pizza sauce was a nice touch :thumb:

Now did everyone figure out how to use the underwater candle for wet rock viewing....:headscratch: That's why you need to take the course... You don't know , what you don't know....:wink:

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom