Tobermory Advanced Open Water July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mabus

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the board and glad I stumbled upon it.

I am looking to do the advanced open water course and was hoping some of you would be able to point me in the right direction in terms of reputable dive shops or instructors.

Also, is there any sort of club I can join in the gta? I have done a bit of searching but can't seem to find anything.

Lastly, anybody want to come along? None of my friends have any interest in diving:depressed:

Thanks!
Brent

Hi mabus : welcome to the board, you have the right idea to join up with a Club. Our club is in Sarnia Ontario and we are sanctioned with the Ontario Underwater Council. to find a club in your area do some research on this site. The president of OUC is Raymond Krob and he can direct you in the proper direction.
Ontario Underwater Council

I have to agree that quite often the instruction received at a Club is often less expensive and more comprehensive that if it's taken at a dive shop. There are many in your area. Hart House Underwater Club at Hart House, George Street Campus at U of T, the Etobicoke Underwater Club if you're in the west-end and many others. OUC has a listing of member clubs, as mentioned by the previous poster. There are a number of good dive shops (depending on where you're situated in the big smoke), but I'd first compare their programs with what's offered by the Clubs. Good luck!

Wayne

I will be in Toby July 9th - 13th. I will be co-teaching an AOW course, and I think there are a couple of spots still available although we try to keep the classes small so not sure how long those spots will stay open. PM if you want more info.

FYI - All Wet Watersports is running AOW in Tobermory the weekend of July 17th.

Hey Maubs
I am doing my AOW july 17-18th in toby through Divers Den your welcome to come along. Any luck with you club search I am also looking to get into a club as I also don't have many friends interested.

I'll be there tomorrow (July 9) untuil Sunday doing my AOW with Scuba 2000!

Looks like a great weather weekend too!

Hi mabus,

If you are looking specifically to do your AOW in Toby I can't help you.

But if you are looking for a reputable shop/instructor I would highly recommend Roman Mizanski, the owner of Innerspace Divers Supply in Pickering. He does is AOWs in the Thousand Islands (Ivy Lea and Rockport). Also if you are looking for the east end scuba clubs you have the Ajax Scuba Club and the Scarborough Underwater Club.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom