Tobin or DSS wing users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wing came (LCD 20) with a small grey inflator hose...is this to be used specifically with my DSS wing? or is this just a piece that is put on for shipping or something...sorry for my ignorance, but, i dont want to make the mistake if it is not for use.

I hope it is for my wing because my other inflator hose is far to long and sticks out. Thanks guys.

Thank you, I just needed to make sure.

Yes for the wing. Be sure to use it. If you use a standard length hose with the stout DSS corrugated hose it gets ugly. With the provided hose it all falls into place.

Pete

I switched to Miflex after my gray one came apart in my hands at 60 feet. The wing itself has been a trooper. I have in the neighborhood of a 1000 dives on it in under two years and there is almost no visible wear on the wing. The harness that came with the plate is faded and threads are starting to appear from the stitching but it is still strong.

Great equipment!

I switched to Miflex after my gray one came apart in my hands at 60 feet. The wing itself has been a trooper. I have in the neighborhood of a 1000 dives on it in under two years and there is almost no visible wear on the wing. The harness that came with the plate is faded and threads are starting to appear from the stitching but it is still strong.

Great equipment!

If you have had a failure of your hose I'd love to see the parts.

Tobin

I have the DSS kydex plate with the LCD20 wing (my backup wing is a 20lbs SMB attached with bungee at the bottom of the wing). I love the setup, particularly doing penetrations. My buddy who has a different wing setup (i.e. not DSS) often scrapes the wing where I pass without a scratch (of the wing... the tanks may get it).

I have used the LCD 20 with a 22" and a 24" hose and I can confirm it is a PITA. Just ordered a new 18" hose.

JL

I have used the LCD 20 with a 22" and a 24" hose and I can confirm it is a PITA. Just ordered a new 18" hose.

When I originally purchased my DSS wingles sing (Torus 38 I believe) I really felt like the inflator tube was too short for my tastes. I was really uncomfortable with it (this was like 150 dives ago, also, and about my 30'th dive at the time). So replaced the inflator tube with a 20" tube and got a longer hose (24") to go with it. I can understand having a longer hose with the short tube being an issue, but I'm really happy with how I have it now. Seems just right for me.

My point being: only use a longer hose if you extend the inflator tube with it. Otherwise, Tobin has it configured the way it needs to be out-of-the-box.

I do not know whether extending the length gives any technical (pardon the pun) advantages, but I have not experienced any perceived disadvantages.

If I'm wrong then Tobin will correct me :D I just received from him a doubles wing and it has the original shorter length. I'll try it that way for a while and see if I like it that way.

Back
Top Bottom