Tobin's marketing sucks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertarak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
And that is un understatement!

So in addition to the tank inspection light I ordered from Deep Sea Supply, I decided to get one of Tobin's small SMB's. I wanted one that I could inflate at depth with one breath and that would roll up small enough to to fit in the rather small pocket of my new drysuit. I was just about to get the Halcyon for it's size but I know Tobin and his products and figured I just couldn't go wrong with his stuff.

Boy was I surprised! First of all the oral inflator rocks! There is no tiny metal nipple to try to wrap your lips around, just a good size rubberized tube (with one-way valve). There is no valve to depresss..you just blow into the tube and it inflates. And it inflate fully with less the one breath! At 30fsw I am sure under half a breath will be prefect. Now the OVP...WOW! Simple, smart and small...real small. It is so low profile that it helps keep the package very small and so simple that it will probably last forever.

I knew none of these things when I bought this. I just knew Tobin's quality, and trusted that. I was so pleasantly surprised. I could not help but think if more people new how great this thing really is, everyone would have one. I hope now, more people know.

Tobin, your website does not do justice to this great SMB! Let people know how great this thing is.

..or just let me do it for you.

Thanx for another great product Tobin!

And this was not really a surprise, was it Robert? Tobin produces some really fine stuff.. I was impressed after seeing my first product (BP/W).

Nope, I am not surprised at all really. I just wanted to let everyone else know what I already knew. I thought my title would draw people in like flies...it worked! I caught me a Dr. Bill :)

In a world where many manufacturers make outlandish claims that they can not match, Tobin is a refreshing anomaly. Understated, resourceful and highly talented, his crew has the best fit and finish in the industry and regularly resolves problems with singular simplicity.

But yeah, compared to his products, his marketing sucks. Don't be so humble my friend. You make GREAT stuff.

Whatever Pete said.

I knew you were trying to reel us in, Robert! And it worked.

I've been caught!

But yeah, compared to his products, his marketing sucks. Don't be so humble my friend. You make GREAT stuff.

Tobin & his products are awesome~ I'd like to see his stuff carried in more stores because I think DSS has the potential to grow quite a bit..
As far as quality, you just can't go wrong with DSS..

(hey Tobin, do we get a discount now for posting here? rofl.. :D:D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom